Film in productionOlympic Halftime
A documentary essay reflecting on spaces of the Olympic architecture and urban development in several selected locations in Europe and Asia, that have already hosted the event and are preparing for another round.
In Europe, we will visit Olympia and Athens as the “birthplace” of both the ancient and the modern Olympics where most stadia are currently decaying, and Paris where the Olympics took place twice and a third edition is in preparation for 2024 on the backdrop of the typically French public protests. What was the benefit of the Olympics for those cities and countries? What are the pros and cons of organising mass sports events? In addition to Europe, we will also visit Asia to watch different approach to organising the Olympics as well as their architectural gestalt and impact on the public space – in Beijing, the citiy that have the organising experience and is now in “half time” of preparations for the upcoming Games Winter Olympics in Beijing in 2022).
- Olympic Halftime
- CZ / SK / GR / HK, 2022, 85 min.
- Directed by Haruna Honcoop
- DOP: Lukáš Milota
- Sound: Jan Richtr
- Script consultant: Martin Ryšavý, Zuzana Piussi
- Graphic designer: Marek Kianička
- State: development and pre-production
- Producer: Vít Janeček – D1film (CZ), VIRUSfilm (SK)
- Co-producers: George Kalomenopoulos – 2K Films (GR), 70 Plus Production (HK) (further pending)
- Support: The Czech Film Fund (development + production) (further pending)
Industry pitch selections: Crossing Borders 2018, Ex Oriente 2019 (Awards: IDF Award, Sunny Side of The Doc Award), Sunny Side of The Doc 2019, FEBIOfest Industry Days Pitch Bratislava 2020, HAF Goes To Cannes at Marché du Cinéma Cannes 2020, HAF Hong Kong 2020